Product information "OVAL CHAINRING FOR SHIMANO XTR M9100 XT, SLX & DEORE"
The Original one and only absoluteBLACK Premium, Shimano 12spd Hyperglide+ compatible Direct mount 1X Oval traction chainrings are designed for XTR M9100, XT M8100, SLX M7100 & Deore M6100 cranks. They feature the exact same excellent oval shape as rest of our oval chainring portfolio. This new type of direct mount chainring will make your Shimano crank looking great and perfectly mesh with Shimano 12spd Hyperglide+ chain. This particular chainring will ONLY work with CN-M9100, 8100, 7100 & 6100 Shimano 12spd Hyperglide+ chain due to different thickness of the teeth.
- Oval chainrings mastered to perfection, so you can get best possible advantage from the oval/elliptical shape.
- Finest design to provide excellent weight to strength ratio
- One of a kind special oval shape (Patent Pending)
- Greatly improves traction and climbing abilities
- Unique Patent Pending narrow-wide teeth profiles to keep your chain in place for minimum 12 months!
- Special 3D teeth machining for ultimate mud relief decrease wear and noise dramatically
- All rings have built in threads for easy of mounting and reduction in weight
- Superb quality and great look.
- You will ride faster using ovals. If you keep using round ring then others will get quicker.
- You will not "feel" the oval shape at all
- Reduces stress on knees
Size (Mass +/-1g)
28T: 48 g
32T: 50 g
34T: 55 g
Compatibility: Fits to Shimano XTR M9100 , M9120, M9130, XT M8100, M8120, M8130 , SLX M7100, M7120, M7130, Deore M6100, M6120, M6130 & FC-MT900 cranksets. Works ONLY with CN-M9100, 8100, 7100 & 6100 Shimano 12spd Hyperglide+ chain.
Material: cnc machined 7075 Txxx Aluminum. Long-lasting construction! Type II anodizing
Chain: Works ONLY with CN-M9100, 8100, 7100 & 6100 Shimano 12spd Hyperglide+ chain.
Chainline: Dependent on the crank model. Every crank model has different axle length, but same chainrings.
Ovality: Optimized to each size separately. Range: 10.2-14.4% and Timing of 110.5-116.3° after TDC (top dead center) Patent Pending
It's a Direct Mount chainring so please use original lockring to mount it on the crank. Always use a new chain with a new chainring
HOW TO MOUNT ABSOLUTEBLACK OVAL CHAINRING FOR XTR M9100:
Using Hollowtech II BB Removal Tool (like BBB BTL-116 ), carefully open the lockring that holds the chainring on the crank(normal threads). Once the lockring is removed, take off old chainring, re-grease the splines on the crank. Place new oval chainring with convex side to the crank. Chainring/crank has special splines that only fit one way. Close the lockring to 35-50Nm of force. Chainring is only compatible with CN-M9100, M8100, M7100 & M6100 Shimano 12spd Hyperglide+ chains. Using other chains may cause chain to drop very easily from the chainring due to thinner than usual teeth.