The V2 of our legendary 77designz CRASH PLATE is milled from extremely tough 7075 T6 aluminum. It protects your chainring (round or oval) from impact damage (For Oval, get 2 Teeth bigger). We offer 4 sizes and seven colors for minimal overlap and max style. Compared to the V1, we have optimized the contact orientation; the new slotted hole means the Taco now also fits Santa Cruz carbon frames. Disassembling the crank is unnecessary to install the Crash Plate, which means assembly is effortless and quick. The minimal overlap of the Taco Bashguard offers the best protection for your chainring while maintaining maximal ground clearance. The Crash Plate can be combined with our ISCG 05 chain guides - all you need is the connector.
- Super light - Our Crash Plate uses a thin aluminum plate, which is very light but still stronger and more durable than most bulky alternatives.
- 2 hole mounting - This allows easy installation of the Crash Plate without removing the crank. The Crash Plate now fits all Santa Cruz Carbon frames thanks to a small slotted hole.
- Hollow screws with T25 - The hollow and stainless screws are lightweight and protect the ISCG mount from overload.
- Precise fit - we offer our Crash Plate in 4 different sizes. Due to the minimal overlap of the Crash Plate, you can maintain valuable ground clearance.
- Optimized rotation of the contact area - the alignment of the contact zone on the V2 has been improved to protect expensive chainrings and chains during casual rides and races.
- Eco-friendly packaging - Our parts are packed in small paper bags without any plastic
- 5 Year Warranty - We are completely convinced of the quality of our parts, which is why we offer a 5-year warranty on all material and manufacturing defects from the date of purchase
- Made in Germany - We manufacture our chain guides in Germany, which reduces CO2 emissions from transport and supports our local economy.
- Mount: ISCG 05 (Now fits the Santa Cruz Carbon Frames)
- Round chainring: 30-36T (Choose the same size or bigger: 32T Round Ring = 32T CRASH PLATE)
- Oval chainring: 28-34T (Choose +2 teeth or bigger: 32T Oval Ring = 34T CRASH PLATE)
- Made for: 1x10, 1x11 or 1x12 drivetrain
- Material: AL 7075 T6 Anodized
- Hardware: Torx 25 Stainless Steel hollow bolts
- Colors: Black
- Sizes: 32T | 34T
- Diameter: 30T > 133mm | 32T > 141mm | 34T > 149mm | 36T > 157mm
- Weight: 30T > 25g | 32T > 27g | 34T > 29g | 36T > 31g
The bash guard is 5 mm thick, and the screws are flush. The screws we use are hollow drilled so that they can shear off in case of an overload. These bolts prevent damage to the frame. Order your spare bolts here: M6x11 SS Hollow Bolts
Most of the bike frames nowadays are designed to carry the load introduced by a Taco Bashguard or Crash Plate; regardless, you should still consult your frame manufacturer about whether your frame is approved for our crash plate.
2x M6x11 SS Hollow Bolts
1x 77designz Sticker
10 of 168 reviews
October 4, 2017 21:00
Love the simplicity of the design and the ease of installation.
October 5, 2015 21:00
September 13, 2019 21:00
May 4, 2016 21:00
It's light, strong, good looking,
It's light, strong, good looking, easy to fit and the best price/quality relation in the market..... in one word SUPERB!
January 30, 2018 20:00
Light and well made
Not the cheapest but very well machined, super light and only the protection you actually need where you need it.
December 11, 2017 20:00
I have two bikes, fits great on both Ibis Mojo HD3 and Intense Spider 29C; A clean, sleek look, helped on first ride. A must you have a carbon bike!
December 25, 2018 20:00
CRASH PLATE:tm: - ISCG 05
simplicity in its purest form , so simple and good .you need no heavy steel to tango .
October 14, 2015 21:00
Fits perfect and looks great.
Fits perfect and looks great.
September 15, 2019 21:00
Very small part. For me as All-Mounatin biker its fine.
November 1, 2018 21:00
Fast and perfect!
I ordered this from Spain and the delivery was right on time and everything I wanted.